Institutional Research & Planning
Online Student Experience Questionnaire F.A.Q.
How do I know if my class is included in the online Student Experience Questionnaire system?
- The best way to find out is to ask your instructor. When you click on the link in your Carleton e-mail, you will be taken to the Student Experience Questionnaire Portal and you will see all of your courses that are being evaluated online.
When will I be able to complete my online questionnaires?
- Questionnaires will be open during the last two weeks of classes. For all Fall courses, this means that the system will be open from November 25th to December 9th.
How do I access the system to complete my questionnaires?
- The easiest way to access the system is to check your Carleton e-mail account any time during the last two weeks of class. Each student with a course being evaluated online will receive an e-mail directing them to the Student Experience Questionnaire Portal where they will be able to complete all of their online questionnaires.
What if I didn’t receive an e-mail? How can I still complete my course questionnaires?
- If you have a course that is being evaluated online, but you didn’t receive an e-mail in your Carleton CMAIL account, check your junk mail to ensure that the invitation didn’t inadvertently end up in that folder. If you still don’t see an invitation there, then you can follow this link to the Student Experience Questionnaire Portal.
What is my username/password for the portal?
- Your username/password should be the same as the one you use to access Carleton360 (formerly MyCarleton Portal) or your student e-mail account.
- If you have forgotten your MyCarletonOne username or password, then you will need to contact the ITS Service Desk.
Can I fill out my questionnaires on my mobile device?
- Yes. Online Student Experience Questionnaires should be available to be completed on just about any computer or mobile device.
Is the online system still anonymous?
- Yes. Just as paper questionnaires are filled out anonymously, and the results are not shared with instructors until after final grades have been submitted, the same safeguards are in place for the online system.
- To ensure that each student can only complete one questionnaire per course, the online system is designed to keep track of those who have already filled one out, but all responses are stored anonymously without any identifiable information. Any information that is kept, regarding who has completed a questionnaire and who has not, will never be shared with the instructor and will always remain strictly confidential.
I made a mistake in filling out my Student Experience Questionnaire, can I redo it?
- Unfortunately, no. Each student can only complete ONE questionnaire per course. Once you have completed a questionnaire, it cannot be resubmitted, changed, or removed.
- The online questionnaire is confidential and anonymous, so there is no way to identify who completed any particular questionnaire.